Thursday, April 5, 2018

CAS(E) this Sketch #266

Hi everyone!!  How's your week going?  It's another busy week here but in all sorts of great ways.  We have boys getting braces off and on, drivers ed, service projects, and just tons of fun.  The snow we got is finally starting to melt and I'm pretending not to see that little snowflake in our weekend forecast.  If I pretend it isn't there, it won't happen right??

Well, if you are ready for spring like I am, I have a great sketch your can play along with and make your springiest card ever!  I know that always puts me in a good mood.  You can check out the sketch over on the CAS(E) this Sketch blog.  It's a retro sketch so I know you will enjoy it!  Here's my take on it this go round:


When I saw this stamp set from Waffle Flower, I was immediately smitten.  I knew I'd be able to use it 100+ different ways and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  This is the first chance I have had to use it and I LOVE how it turned out.  I started by stamping my trio of wavers from the Hello Stamp Set and coloring them simply with copics...no shading or anything.  Talk about simple.  I was silly and didn't get the dies to go with them so, I fussy cut them.  I am pretty sure I will be heading back to Waffle Flower to get the dies and a couple other sets I've been eyeing.  He he.  Next, I layered two different patterned papers on my cardfront.  One of those was just a scrap cut at an angle an stamped with a sentiment from the Hello Stamp Set.  To finish it off, I added my happy kids and cat with some foam tape.  Super simple and oh so cute!  Here's a closer look:


Just in case you wanted to see my take on this sketch the first time we had it on the blog.  Here's my take on the original Sketch #29:


I have to say, it is still one of my favorites!  Thanks so much for checking out my cards for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.  I can't wait to see your creations.  See you over there.

1 comment:

  1. I loved those Pink Paislee chipboard letters— I had multiple packs in each colour! Fabulous takes on the sketch, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I cherish each and every comment on my blog!